Oct 25, 2013WINTER GOODS DONATIONS This year we will be approaching the 13th anniversary of the Afghanistan refugee support program, which began in 2001. In addition, we will also be distributing donations to earthquake and poverty stricken regions in Pakistan. The kind donations including medical supplies, food supplies, water and running schools received from generous patrons have been distributed amongst several refugee camps as well as in other needy rural areas. However, there still remains a lack of sufficient goods to allow survival through the harsh winter conditions. We again invite you to assist us with your kind donations and have therefore extended the deadline for receiving goods to be donated. Please do not send or bring clothes to Otsuka Mosque but kindly send all them directly to the address below. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.
DATES FOR RECIEPT OF DONATIONS:From Wednesday, 23rd October 2013 to Monday 4th November 2013 Please note that the last date by which donations will be accepted is Monday 4th November, and all donations should be sent so as to arrive latest by that date. (Not open on weekends and national holidays).
SENDING ADDRESS:〒231-0811 NO.1, HONMOKU-FUTOH, NAKA-KU, YOKOHAMA, JAPAN, GOKOH UNYU KAISHA
- Please write “Afghanistan & Pakistan Donation” on the label.
- Please note that goods should not be sent to the Otsuka Mosque.
TRANSPORTATION COSTS:Kindly ensure to transfer money towards the cost of shipping to Afghanistan/Pakistan as well as local transportation fee to the account below: Mikan (orange) box size or box with H+W+L = less than 120cm – ￥500 per box, Larger Boxes – ￥1000 per box
- Post Office Account Account No. 00150-9-98307 Account name: ‘JIT afghan Nanmin fund’
- Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ Bank Account No. (futsu koza – normal account) 1415181 Account name: ‘JIT afghan nanmin fund’
- If using internet banking, enter ‘JIT afghan Nanmin fund’.
- Any saved expenses will be used towards purchasing medical supplies, food, blankets and other necessary items locally and running schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Money donations may also be sent to the above accounts.
- Please note that the cost of shipping the boxes to the port should be paid at the time of sending the boxes by the person who send the donation.
- DO NOT include money in the boxes as it may be mistaken for waste paper and thrown away once in Afghanistan / Pakistan.