Importance of knowledge is greatly emphasized in Islam. The first revelation on Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) as Allah said :
Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists). *
Has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). *
Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous.*
Who has taught (the writing) by the pen *
Has taught man that which he knew not.
In these verses Allah orders Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) to read, write and seek knowledge of things that he knows not.
Again, Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) in his following Hadith says,
“Knowledge is obligatory on all Muslims (Male and Female)”
The purpose of education is to know and understand about things. Most important thing for a Muslim is to know about his Creator. The second thing that he should know, what does our creator wants us to do. The two verses of Quran:
“know! There is no one worthy of being worshipped except Allah”
(Al Qur-‘an 47/19)
“Allah has created Jin and man only to worship Him”
(Al Qur-‘an 51/56)
International Islamia School draws its spirit of knowledge from Qur-‘an and Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) and is working towards imparting useful knowledge among its pupil and for creating Allah fearing, considerate and humanistic society.
- JIT arranges classes for learning Quran, Basic Islamic Knowledge, Arabic language. There are plans to include English, Japanese languages and computer classes.
- Sunday School for children
- Saturdays and Sundays Classes for ladies.
- Adults education classes. We have Dars on Saturdays for all.
- Special classes are held for adults on request.
Subjects of Study for children
- Reading Quran
- Memorizing Quran
- Memorizing selected Hadith
- Memorizing Dua and Azkar with meaning
- Listening to stories of Prophets
- Observation of nature
- Basic manners in Islam
- Understanding of Tawheed in practice through various studies
- Preparing for Middle and High schools in Japan
International Islamia School Otsuka Homepage